After a couple weeks of being off the grid with my blogs, I am back! The NFL news for the past couple of weeks has been so dreadful and sad, that i did’t really want to put any attention to it. But as I have successfully stepped back in a position at work to focus more on getting prepared to head off to boot camp, i have actually found a lot more time on my hands now. So blogs will be out like NFL players get arrested. Well maybe not that much, no one has the time for that! The only positives from Ray Rice beating his wife in an elevator, Adrian Peterson taking a switch to his son, and defensive ends being charged with domestic violence, is that no one is talking about Manziel now. Even after that weird play.
Taking the break on power rankings was hard. I actually really like ranking things. I’m very rankist. I rank everything from best Fruit to most crazy girlfriends. What can I say, I have an opinion and I like to share it. But in all honesty with the top 5 sucking on fat eggs and some shock wins and losses, I had no idea how to rank these teams. I can comfortably attempt to try something here.
WEEK 4 POWER RANKINGS
1. Cincinnati Bengals(7) – I can already hear the criticism here. But hear me out, this a team that has only trailed in games for a total of 55 seconds is an impressive stat. I am not a huge Dalton fan, but i do love what is happening with this team. The defense is playing beyond well, Dalton isn’t messing up and Giovanni is a total work horse stud. Missed my chance on this guy in my fantasy leagues.
2. Arizona Cardinals(9) – I was already higher on this team that most power rankings and i feel pretty damn good about this. I actually believe this team is the best in the NFL but they got a gimme win against the Giants, so im not totally prepared to put them in the number one spot, but they easily have the most underrated and best coach in the NFL. “In Arians We Trust”
3. San Diego Chargers(12) – I still hate this teams logo, but i LOVE that they took down the mighty Seahawks. They are playing good football and are winning home and away games. I do love the excuses Hawk fans are putting out there. “its too hot”, okay Lebron fans…. athletes should be able to play in any condition. There is no added bonus the Chargers got either. They have human bodies too.
4. Philadelphia Eagles(6) – Look, this could potentially be the best offense in the NFL. They play at such a high pace and so many targets. The thing is, I don’t think they have even clicked all the way yet. This guy is rocking Sproles in a lot of leagues and im feeling very confident about that.
5. Seattle Seahawks(1) – Massive drop for the defending Super Bowl champs. Why so low, Ryan? Well they are not undefeated, they lost to the Chargers, and they didn’t look like the same team the Broncos played at Met life. The offense looks good, but they almost lost at home and had to go into overtime. I also believe that Cards could tear this team apart on any turf.
6. Denver Broncos(3) – Another team that drops for me. I don’t fully understand it though. They have every weapon you need on the offensive side and defense should be shutting teams out. I just cant tell if poorly coached or what. But games seem too close for my comfort with them. Call this one a gut feeling.
7. Carolina Panthers(16) – This just seems to be a team that does a lot with nothing. Sure they have a good defense. But Hardy is out and the secondary is suspect. I just think this another well coached team. Players here love River Boat Rivera and they play their heart out for him. Bad offense that still puts points on the board. I know the steelers beat them, but i am not prepared to panic too quick on them yet.
8. Detroit Lions(10) – I still don’t know how i feel about Stafford at this moment. But i still like the coaching, the front seven is impressing the hell out of me and CALVIN JOHNSON!
9. Chicago Bears(8) – Love the offense. Hate the defense. But Marshall and Jeffrey are just too damn good. When you cover them, then Bennett goes off. Don t forget, Forte is still a dangerous weapon too.
10. Green Bay Packers(5) – Just one disappointment after another with this team. As an Aaron Rodgers owner, I am frustrated. But i’ll take his advice and not panic yet. “R-E-L-A-X”
11. Baltimore Ravens(11) – One of the only teams to not move in rankings. Good team, but they lost Pitta and the running shuffle could end either bad or good. Fantasy purposes i hate this team. But im rolling with annoying Steve Smith Sr now. So as long as he gets the work, then this team will be in my good graces. I hate Flacco though.
12. New Orleans Saints(4) – Sean Peyton has earned a little bit of respect. But im not sold on this team this year. I never am though. They don’t look like a playoff team. You have to win road games to be considered good. This team just can’t do it. I really feel like i should be lower. But the talent is definitely there. Just needs to show up.
13. Buffalo Bills(32) – I am eating crow on this one. Much better team than i expected for sure. The defense is really good here and defenses win games. Manuel still sucks. But it could always be worse. They could have Gabbert for 3 years.
14. Atlanta Falcons(14) – I should be higher here. And another win at Minnesota could easily move them up. But same complain about the Saints. You have to be able to win on the road to be a good team. Just a totally different offense when they are not playing in the dome.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers(20) – Leveon Bell is total stud and could easily be the number one running back at the end of the season. Very impressed there. The rest of the team kind of stinks though. Not sure how they pull out wins. Its the Bell and Brown show.
16. Indianapolis Colts(21) – Still not thrilled about this team. They don’t have a great defense, though they did rip Chad Henne apart. But in all fairness a pop warner team could rip Henne apart. But Luck is Luck and that will always be a good thing.
17. Washington Redskins(27) – Team has taken a bigger turn around than i thought. RG3 getting injured may have been the best thing for this Franchise. Cousins is easily the better QB and this front seven is a lot meaner than i thought.
18. San Francisco 49er’s(13) I thought this team was going to be bad, but i didn’t think this bad. Kaepernick looks horrible. You cant run the ball every play with your QB and expect to win. I have no faith in this team this year. Could easily be last place in this division. Even below the let down Rams.
19. Kansas City Chiefs(15) – High hopes for Alex Smith. But this team isn’t fully clicking yet. Still high hopes here. I do love me some Jamal Charles and that guy is one tough SOB. High ankle sprain my ass.
20. New England Patriots(2) – TWO! I had you guys at TWO! I hate the pats and i went out and praised you guys. The defense is playing no where near what i expected and the offense is sad joke. Brady looks horrible. The line can’t protect the run or the pass. Its the end of the road for Brady. I mean they could barely beat the Raiders…
21. New York Jets(26) – I have a confession to make. I’m kind of a closet Jets fan. I think Rex is a good coach and great defensive mind. Geno just needs to limit the mistakes and they have a good chance on taking over the division
22. Dallas Cowboys(22) – Just really fluky wins. Once Murray is injured. This team won’t be able to move the ball. Or some corner will just let Dez Bryant run right past him again.
23. Houstan Texans(17) – I was prepared to move you guys up all the way up to top 10. But you had to let me down and lose to the Giants of all teams. I think some more Fitzy bad plays and Mallet could see his way in and maybe some productivity could happen here.
24. Miami Dolphins(18) – This team makes me cringe. I love the Dolphins. I root for them all the time and unlike the rest of the world, i like Tannehill. Head Coach, Joe Philbin is a joke in my opinion. I hate the guy and the Phins should have fired him last year after the o-line incident.
25. Minnesota Vikings(24) – Just down one spot from week one rankings. Losing AP is the worst thing that could happen to this team. Asiata does not look like a NFL running back and defense is so and so. I do think Bridewater adds a flair to the team though. Can’t be worst than Cassel.
26. Cleveland Browns(30) – I said I’d be shocked if they could pull a W this year and i was wrong. They beat the mighty Saints but fall short of beating both division rivals. Definitely a better team than I expected.
27. Tennessee Titans(29) – The AFC south just stinks. Tennessee should be 2-1 but lose to the Cowboys. I don’t understand this team, but i do hope a little more out of this. Surprise, Locker is injured once again. Charlie Whitehusrt is the back up… yup!
28. New York Giants(28) Just not a believer in this offensive scheme. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks and that’s what this team is trying to do with Eli.
29. St Louis Rams(19) – Yeah, just way too many injuries to hold up. Really frustrating team at this point.
30. Oakland Raiders(31) – Hey, they moved up a spot!
31. Tampa Bay Bucs(25) – I was lower than most power rankings and obviously not low enough. What a horrible team with tons of talent. Lovie Smith is suppose to be a defense guy, then tell me how you lose to the Falcons that bad.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars(22) – Very high hopes at the beginning of the season. After the first half in the game against the Eagles I was happy. After that half, not a smile has shown on my face until the last half against the Colts. I mean Bortles beat the colts 17-14, right? Right now, the Jags are just horrible. But this is the turn around now. The Bortles era has begun and I have a lot of confidence in this team. In Gus We Trust.